- In order to register to be an IKEA Family member, you must be a resident in Malaysia and be at least 18 years old, on the date of registration.
- Each person may only register and own 1 IKEA Family card at any one time. This membership card is not transferable & can only be used by the rightful owner.
- Temporary Card holders need to spend min. RM200* within 1 year from the date of registration in order to activate the full & permanent IKEA Family membership. Failure to do so will render termination of the account and all IKEA Family points earned.
- The 3X birthday points benefit is only extended to Permanent IKEA Family members; get 3X IKEA Family points on the first purchase made in the IKEA stores, IKEA Restaurant, Bistro, Swedish Food Market or IKEA Café on your Birthday Month.
If the first purchase made on your Birthday Month is while you are a Temporary Member, you would not qualify for this promotion. The 3X points will only be awarded for the first purchase after you have become a Permanent IKEA Family member.
- To capture transactions, enjoy Family Range/Benefit prices and earn IKEA Family points*, IKEA Family members must show their Temporary Card or IKEA Family Card upon reaching the cashier and before a purchase is recorded.
- IKEA Family points or IKEA Family member's price will only be awarded if a valid Temporary card or IKEA Family card is presented at the cashiers during payment.
- Every RM1* spent at the IKEA stores entitles you to 1 IKEA Family Point.
- IKEA Family points earned during Temporary membership will expire within one year of membership registration. Whereas IKEA Family points earned after conversion to Permanent IKEA Family membership will expire 2 years later on 31 Dec, based on the year the IKEA Family points were earned.
15 Nov 2018 : Registers as a Family member (Membership status : Temporary)
15 Nov 2018 : Spends RM50 (Earns 50 IKEA Family points, expires 15 Nov 2019)
6 Mar 2019 : Spends RM150 (Earns 150 IKEA Family points, expires 15 Nov 2019)
7 Mar 2019 : Converts to Permanent membership (Total accumulative spend reaches min. RM200)
7 Mar 2019 : Spend RM30 (Earns 30 IKEA Family points, expires 31 Dec 2021)
- IKEA Family members may start redeeming with min. 500 IKEA Family points for a RM5 IKEA Family store voucher. Voucher redemption has to be done in multiples of 500 IKEA Family points. Each voucher is valid for 3 months from the date of redemption. IKEA is not responsible for reinstating expired IKEA Family points or vouchers.
- Each member must present a valid IKEA Family Card to redeem up to 2 free coffee/tea and 2 discounted Family meals at the IKEA Restaurant, once per day. Temporary card holders may enjoy this benefit only on the day of registration.
- When an IKEA Family member's Temporary Card or IKEA Family Card is lost, stolen or when there is a change of personal particulars, the IKEA Family member is responsible for informing IKEA either through the IKEA Family website or in writing. If this is not done, IKEA will not be accountable for any consequences and loss of benefits and/or privileges.
- IKEA/Ikano Handel Sdn Bhd shall not be liable for cards and promotional materials sent to the mailing address that is erroneously provided by an IKEA Family member; nor are we responsible for any unsuccessful receipt of mails sent to the given address for whatever reason(s).
- All terms and conditions of IKEA’s ‘Return Policy’ will apply to all purchases made by IKEA Family members. If a member refunds/returns any items for which IKEA Family points have been credited, corresponding number of IKEA Family points for the items returned will be removed from an IKEA Family member’s account. An IKEA Family member is required to present the IKEA Family Card when making a purchase refund at Exchange and Returns.
- If an IKEA Family member refunds items which are part of the transactions used for full IKEA Family membership activation, IKEA reserves the right to ask for additional purchases to be made within the next 30 days in order to meet the entry criteria. Failure to do so may result in the IKEA Family membership being revoked. In such cases, all IKEA Family points will be cancelled and membership reapplication will be subjected to the existing entry criteria.
- The Temporary Card and IKEA Family Card is issued by & remains the property of Ikano Handel Sdn Bhd. Ikano Handel Sdn Bhd reserves the right to decline issue of a new card or withdraw an existing card at any time. Ikano Handel Sdn Bhd reserves the right, on reasonable grounds, to alter and amend any of the conditions of the operation of the IKEA Family programme without prior notice.
- Reasonable grounds include any abuse or attempted abuse of the IKEA Family programme; use or attempted use of a Temporary Card or IKEA Family Card in a manner which is contrary to these terms and conditions; and any reasonable suspicion or dishonesty on the part of an IKEA Family member in connection with the programme.
- The processing of your personal data is subject to Ikano Handel Sdn Bhd's Personal Data Privacy as published on IKEA.my. If you provide any personal information to us, you give us permission to contact you for marketing purposes, which may include messages via post, SMS or email. You can decide to opt-out of these types of marketing messages at any time. Some of your information may be shared with third party companies that provide marketing or analytics assistance. Please refer to the Personal Data Privacy Notice for details.
* This is only for purchases of furniture, home furnishing products, purchases at the IKEA Restaurant, IKEA Bistro and purchase of Swedish Food Market products. It does not include purchases of IKEA Gift Cards, neither does it include delivery/assembly/picking/sewing services.